Netzob 0.4.0 released!
We're pleased to announce the release of Netzob 0.4.0 aka "Jumping Rhino". This release supports GTK+3 and greatly enhances the GUI. Besides, it provides new functions dedicated to the vocabulary inference and allows better modelization of protocols.
We're pleased to announce the release of Netzob 0.4.0 aka "Jumping Rhino" specifically for our BlackHat talk.
This release supports GTK+3 and greatly enhances the graphical interface thanks to Fabien André, Quentin Heyler and Olivier Tétard. Besides, it provides new functions dedicated to the vocabulary inference and allows better modelization of protocols. For this release, a new architecture has been designed: it allows plugin development (especially for Importers, Capturers and Exporters) and makes the source code easier to understand (thanks to the MVC pattern). This is also the first version to be completely translated in French (other languages could be added easily).
This is a major release as no less than 591 files where changed (60.148 lines added and 24.272 lines removed)! This release represents 46.000 lines of code.
Netzob 0.4.0 is available as a Python source
.tar.gz or directly on Pypi. Besides, packages are available for Debian, Ubuntu, Gentoo and ArchLinux.
We would really appreciate feedbacks from you if you try Netzob!
All contributors to this release:¶
- Fabien André
- Olivier Tétard
- Quentin Heyler
- Benjamin Dufour
- Georges Bossert
- Frédéric Guihéry
- Alexandre Pigné
- Maxime Olivier
Changes since 0.3.3¶Here is the detailed changelog:
- User interface
- New user-friendly graphical interface
- Port Netzob to GTK+3
- Allow specification of logging level in the UI
- New plugin architecture
- Internationalization of Netzob
- Vocabulary inference
- Support of layers
- Support customized transformation functions
- Provide the edition of a variable
- Support IPv4, MAC and random binary variables
- Support filters for displayed messages
- Allow export of a selection of fields as a new symbol
- Importer for OSpy projects
- Allow user to specify the import layer (2,3 or 4) while importing network messages
- Allow to keep delimiter while file importing. Indicate the position of the delimiter
- Automatic Bug Reporter
Netzob¶Netzob is an opensource tool which supports the expert in its operations of reverse engineering, evaluation and simulation of communication protocols. Its main goals are to help security evaluators to:
- Assess the robustness of proprietary or unknown protocols implementation.
- Simulate realistic communications to test third-party products (IDS, firewalls, etc.).
- Create an open source implementation of a proprietary or unknown protocol.
Netzob supports the expert in a semi-automatic inferring process of any communication protocol. Hence, it includes the necessaries to passively learn the vocabulary of a protocol and to actively infer its grammar. The learnt protocol can afterward be simulated.
Downloads and links¶
Download page: http://www.netzob.org/download#NETZOB_0.4.0.More details on the official website: