Installation documentation on Windows¶
This documentation only applies for Netzob 0.3.3.
Installation of dependencies¶Steps:
- Install Python 2.7 (download the installer from python.org)
- Install SetupTools (download the installer from pypi.python.org)
- Install PyGTK (download the installer from gnome.org)
- Install WinPCap 4.1.3 (download the installer from winpcap.org)
- Install Matplotlib 1.2.1 for (download the installer from sourceforge.net)
- Install Pcapy 0.10.8 (provided on Netzob's website ; original source: oss.coresecurity.com)
- Install following dependencies with SetupTools (be sure to have C:\Python27\Scripts\easy_install.exe in your PATH):
Installation of Netzob¶
- Install Netzob !
If you have disabled Windows UAC, a error can be raised by Windows when executing Netzob's installer: Failed to start elevated process (ShellExecute returned 3). So you have to run the installer with administrator privilege : right-click on the executable and choose "run as administrator".